Now teaching how to shoot with both eyes open. Works with rifle or pistol.
I teach firearms classes to individuals, couples, women only classes, youth or any small group.
I have taught many teen and pre-teen students. Under 18 years need an adult with them. The adult does not have to pay with a paying under age person and will learn a lot about how to train and coach younger people.
Utah Concealed Firearm Permits, beginning and intermediate rifle, pistol, long distance, NRA Basic Pistol & Rifle.
Learn SAFE & RESPONSIBLE shooting skills. Each student progresses at their own rate. This is personalized training, not boot camp training.
These classes are packed with hands on training and practice of safety, marksmanship and self defense skills, concealed classes included.
Fire 50 to 100 rounds per class. You get one box (50 rounds) of .22rf ammo to use in class with your gun or mine.
All classes are taught on the most appropriate shooting range for the type of class. This includes “On the Range” Concealed Firearm Permit Classes. (a few times I have taught Concealed Classes in a home and business).
I have taught firearms classes out to 300 miles from Salt Lake City, Utah.
Classes are by appointment only any day of the week.
Approximately 4 hour classes. When I have many students we extend the class at no charge so students get the same amount of individual coaching smaller classes get.
I always start out with basic beginner safety and marksmanship skills.
Depending on experience and learning attitude, it has taken from a few minutes to a few hours for students to progress to more advanced skills.
All classes are $75 per shooter per half day (4 hours) with a $150 minimum per class, plus the range fee at the most appropriate shooting range.
Range fees have been between $0 and $15.
A lot of long distance classes, the students desire, pay and get a second half day.
Topics of Beginning Training are:
1. Attitude: Always BE SAFE & BE RESPONSIBLE, Always
2. Safe Handling
1) Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
2) Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to fire
3) Always keep the gun unloaded until you are ready to use
4) Know your target and what is beyond
5) Unload and open bolt before you ever set the gun down
6) Open bolt and make sure it’s unloaded whenever you pick a gun up
7) SLOWLY holster a loaded gun
8) Everyone is a Safety Officer: YELL STOP if you see something unsafe
3. Storage – store where guns are inaccessible to unauthorized persons
9. Sight Alignment
10. Sight Picture
11. Shoot with both eyes open
14. Natural Point of Aim
15. Trigger Control
16. Recoil Management
17. Follow Through
18. Dry Fire
19. Calling your Shot
Topics of Advanced Training:
1. BE SAFE, BE Responsible
3. Long Distance
7. Target I.D.
8. Self Defense
9. Mind Set – Mind Conditioning
10. Problem Solving